Inkaholics

Saturday 4 July 2015

Challenge #86 Designer's Choice - Grunge




Welcome back. This week our challenge has been chosen by our DT member, Sandie , and the theme is Grunge. 

Here are some guidelines: Grunge is characterized by distressed, worn-out elements and the use of subtle or earthy colours. Think torn edges, textured backgrounds, 'dirty' appearance, splatters, stains, even hand-drawn lines. That said, grunge doesn't always mean "dirty" or subdued colours. A card can have subtle grunge elements in light or soft ink and yet still look clean and simple. Just think of grunge as theopposite of "polished". 

Please welcome our talented Guest Designer: 


Ashwini






Hi, I am Ashwini. A software engineer by profession. I started my card making journey is something I discovered just a year ago (yup, I am very very new to card making!!) when my sister pointed me to Pinterest (yeah..even that's new for me!). I saw the many cards there and I got instantly addicted! 


For a novice like me, when even winning one of the Inkspirational challenge came as a surprise, being asked to be a Guest Designer came as nothing less than a shock - so, thanks a lot Marina, for providing the great opportunity!! To all the participants - best of luck! This is a great challenge to participate in, and I hope you find fun and inspiration and keep coming back for more!


Here's what the DT have made: 





Shauna


Marina


Yvonne




 Pia







We will be choosing  a top pick/s from this challenge and inviting one entrant to join us as a Guest Designer. 

We're sorry that we may not be able to comment on cards that are uploaded to galleries where we have to register to comment (eg Splitcoast Stampers), or where word verification is enabled. When we can view your card, however, we will still consider it for our top picks.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for calling me as a Guest Designer!! I had a great time making the cards!! Beautiful creations by the DT too! Its great to see my cards among them!! :)
xx Ashwini

Karen Petitt said...

Thanks for a super challenge ladies - I will be back with another entry as I'm in a distressing/grunge phase at the moment! Gorgeous inspirations from you all too Karen